July 31, 2008

The Firm: Season 2 corporate profile: Chris Lo

Task 4: Brand Mercatus

Name: Chris Lo
Age: 28
Star sign: Taurus
Occupation: Event Executive
Team: Team Asset

Reason for joining The Firm: After watching The Firm: Season 1 and The Apprentice, I have always told myself that hey, that’s the kind of thing that I do everyday - that’s my everyday kind of job. Therefore when the opening came, I sent in my resume to see if I would be chosen and the objective to it was to test myself and see how far I could go and how well I can complete the given tasks.

Being a contestant on The Firm: Season 2 has helped me learn a lot of things about the corporate world and although it’s just a reality show, it really tests an individual’s ability to the max in terms of coming up with ideas to preparation to execution. And with the things learned here, it really helped me to look at the business world from another kind of perspective. Survival in the business world can be mean. Embrace yourselves!!!

Leadership style: Open to all kinds of ideas and willing to listen. But most importantly, knowing when to relax and when I need to be firm! Love to delegate things and be on top of things - chasing for updates on things that has been delegated to make sure things are done accordingly and on schedule.

A very bad habit of thinking positive: Thinks two steps ahead but thinks of negative things three steps ahead. (Due to the nature of my job, this has been drilled into my mind for the past six years.)

Strengths and weaknesses: Multi-tasking, taking the approach of being on top of things and a very hands-on person. I'm good at foreseeing things, cooking up great ideas and am a master of planning and execution. I hate doing sales, period.

About myself: It says all about me above. An easygoing kind of person but when it comes to work, I’m a workaholic and when I want to do something, I make sure it is done and give in a 101 per cent effort. If I don’t like it, I’ll do it for the sake of doing but still giving it 99 per cent effort. A perfectionist and very fussy and particular when it comes to quality checks. Can easily get along with anyone in a natural manner.

No comments: