September 4, 2008

Kian You for Episode 5: Putting the truth across

Ah ha, there are a lot of arguments going on but since it is not related to my team’s performance, I am not getting involved as I am not privy to it. Just allow me to tell my piece of experience with Team Asset (if you like, you can call it 'excuses'). Also be informed that after posting this here, I am ready to be bombarded with inundated comments.

First of all, I have previously said that what is shown on TV is not what that 'really' transpired - well reality show that is, and I am not blaming anyone. Secondly, I am not here to deny that I was a bad leader on that task and of course I totally agree that I screwed up as a leader and fared very badly not up to my actual standard.

Well, let's go back to the task. No one in the team had any experience about what branding is all about. Thus, it was only normal to see that we were loss, not to mention that, that's why I was seen to be unable to 'motivate' other team members.



Allow me to also enlighten the Respected Audience whom have been throwing what I term 'unfair' comments to some of us, on some matters.

Talking about the invitation, some of you might want to ask why on earth was the loser leader ie Kian You putting so much emphasis on the invitation and not the rundown of the flow? Answer: The invitation was quarter of the total marks that we needed to score based on the scoresheet and when Aziz chased us for the invitation to be in within next 12 hours after Rizal saying that was not what he expected from us, that was the urgent thing which we needed to attend to. Further, if I may be allowed to say this. Quote and unquote "Kian You just wanted to go and do the printing and left us with the flow plan". Just let me tell you - That was indeed the plan of the entire team and as I was the one who have been dealing with the printer and more importantly I was riding, it was only time and cost saving for me to have done that. Nevertheless, I take responsibility for delegating the task to Chris whom even the production felt I was relying too much on, to come out with a good flow, which of course eventually proved to be a fatal decision.

I know by now, you will be thinking that this Kian You is full of shit, and you know what? I say, just be it cos I have also been labelled to be a defensive person, and I shall agree.

Next thing, why was it Yuen Wai and I being the so called more dominant one in the show? Answer: Joo Lee (this is the correct spelling of her name) was sitting for an exam and I agreed to allow her to do so, and more importantly, the 'reliable' Chris was away two days for his personal matter in Batu Pahat without informing me in advance but only when he has safely arrived at his destination, when we were supposed to meet the client. So now, you say, did I have the support of my other team members?





My last words on this, "I would rather die in my own misdeeds than to live a life persuading myself that I did a bad job not because I was pure bad, but for something that I did not do". With that I rest my case.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kian You, you look and sound stupid on the show

ckyou said...

Point noted. No defence. Let's see what transpires next. That's the risk I took for wanting to be on the show. Nvrtheless, thanks for the honest and blunt answer. Maybe people around me have nvr told me that, which resulted me in looking and sounding like that. (Opps, have I not forgotten that when I am pointing one finger at some one else, I have four more pointing at myself? Self-realization... peace)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the truth... I am not much of a talker nor a writer but I believe that the truth will save you in the end - whether from people or (mostly) from yourself, whether told or untold.

ckyou said...

Simple and yet it hit the right place... Salasiah. Where have u been?

C.A. said...

Sometimes people fail to understand that for every single action, there is an equal but opposite action.

If people pass comments due to ignorance of what transpired, I think that is hardly fair but that is their prerogative. Just as it is your prerogative to tell the truth.

There can be no justice without truth, and there can be no truth without justice.

Teoh Yew Aun said...

Guys,

I went for The Firm Season 2 interveiw and was selected but my work commitments did not allow me to participate. However, I was in another reality TV show, Love Perhaps Season 1. So, I've experienced reality TV show before. My advice, do and act out what your heart tells you and enjoy the moment even if you're stressed out.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous (4 Sep, 5.54pm) >> I guess you think commenting on this blog with such animosity is such a smart act. Unfortunately, doing this as an Anonymous soul coincidently looks and sounds like a coward act to me... Stupid = No brains; Coward = No guts or if you're a guy means no balls. Have some sense of intelligence to tell Kian You (and readers here) why he sounded/looked stupid to you lah. Passing a convenient flying remark like this is no better than a 'pencuri tembak'.

Kian You >> No one is perfect. A leader or not, I admire you as a person of sincerity.

Salasiah >> Viewers who appreciates The Firm 2 as a show will not appreciate the truth. It's entertainment to these people. Those who read this blog, particularly the comments made by contestants are more appreciative of the 'truth', I believe.

C.A. >> We've to accept that in The Firm 2, it's a game/contest of personal effectiveness and showmanship. A group of 'achievers' gathered in a group/team with similar selfish reason(s) to succeed/outperform one another is a true test of team synergy. Every contestant entered The Firm 2 with different stake at hand.... Unfortunately, the Exit is not an available option, for you... Opinions can come from and go towards various directions, and during interviews, some arrived at a similar conclusion while others didn't. What's important to me (when I listen to comments passed during the interviews) is the underlying intention(s) of such comments/remarks are passed. "First seek to understand, then be understood".

teoh yew aun >> Guess you missed the opportunity to 'feel the heat'. I do agree with you on having to 'enjoy the moment'. Partially, I didn't enjoyed 'the moments' thus I left.

Anonymous said...

I had fun watching the episode. I'm sorry but your team was all over the place.

Simple thing like having a table at reception also must argue. That's common sense lah..

And the funny part was the "Be casual... Be casual!!

Good entertainment!

C.A. said...

Terence - I made it clear to my team before they were interviewed.

To quote what I believe in when the entire team doesn't seems hardly fair to me.

ckyou said...

Well, after some long thought. Looks like someone would have been offended by some of my honest stories posted here. Thus, I sincerely take this opportunity to apologise to all whom I might have offended in the process

Blast said...

Kian You, maybe you should voice that out clearer in the board room rather than commenting it later. It will make a lot of difference and how our perceptions towards you. Hhaha... you are really good in defending, btw...

ckyou said...

Dear Kuchingian...
Thanks for noting that. Actually allow me to say this again that... what you see is not what really transpired on tv. If by all means what was shown on tv is what really transpired, I think the results wouldn't hv been the same as shown. Be assured that what I have said in defending our (or rather mine) actions was of course made clear in the boardroom, but was of course not shown as it will not be consistent with what they wanted to show. I rest my case. Thanks for watching the show, and I am sure I did a good old man in the Nestle Omega Plus Acticol Episode